Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rocky Ledge Bars


I took a dip into my recipe box the other day and pulled out an oldie but a goodie. These bars are one of my favorite treats. They are easy to make, easy to take along and share, and they hit my sweet spot from just the right angle. I discovered them a couple years ago when I was watching The Martha Stewart Show. (Don't you just love that show?!) I saw her making these scrumptious looking bars that I knew I had to try... and I enjoy them so much that I thought I would share them with you!

I have made the recipe verbatim from Martha's version, which calls for caramel chews. This time I subbed the caramel with white chocolate chips... because lately I can't get enough white chocolate! Both versions are equally delicious. The recipe also calls for chopped semi-sweet chocolate, but I use morsels for convenience.

Next time you're hosting a cookout or a dinner party, mix up a batch of these for dessert. Your guests will love them!

Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature 
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coarse salt
1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels (or coarsely chopped chocolate)
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup white chocolate chips (can substitute with 18 soft caramel-candy cubes, coarsely chopped)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper, allowing a 2-inch overhang on the longer sides. Grease parchment (not overhang).

Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until well combined. Gradually mix in flour mixture until combined. Fold in half of each of the marshmallows, semisweet chocolate, butterscotch, and white chocolate.

Spread batter in prepared pan. Scatter remaining marshmallows, semisweet chocolate, butterscotch, and white chocolate on top. Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Lift out of pan and transfer to baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, until set.

Remove parchment, and cut into triangles. Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.

Source: adapted from Martha Stewart Living

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice