Wednesday, September 8, 2010

“Take Me Out to the Ball Game…”




How many of you have been enjoying our great American pastime this summer? Only a few weeks left of the regular season, and I (unfortunately) have not made it to a Braves game yet. However, I'm feeling a little more motivated after making this "home run" cake for my little brother in law, Jared. He turned seven years old a couple weeks ago. And after three months of asking his big brother to take him to a Braves game for his birthday, his wish finally came true... Matt took Jared to his first professional baseball game, and he loved it! Since Jared is now a huge Braves fan, a baseball cake sounded like a great idea for his birthday party! I baked a classic yellow cake and decorated it with buttercream icing... looks pretty cool, right? :) Special thanks to Uncle Mark who snapped a few pictures for me since I forgot my camera!

There isn't a recipe to go along with this post. I just wanted to blog about this cake because I was happy with the way it turned out!

Go Braves!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow this is amazing. Going to attempt a similar one this weekend. Any tips?

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice