Monday, October 18, 2010

Cappuccino Brownies


Looking for a kick-start to your work week? Look no further... these cappuccino brownies will do the trick! Infused with espresso powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg, these flavorsome treats taste as though you're enjoying a dessert from your favorite coffee shop... and the heavenly aroma will have you imagining you're actually there. :)

I have had these brownies on my "to bake" list for a few weeks. When I came home from work one afternoon, I decided I had put them off long enough. I'm so glad I whipped these up because they were a perfect end to my day!

Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tbsp instant espresso powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup semisweet morsels

Directions
Preheat oven to 325°. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan, line bottom with parchment paper, and coat paper with butter; set aside.

In a medium heatproof bowl, combine butter and unsweetened chocolate. Place over a saucepan of simmering water until completely melted, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly. Whisk in sugar, espresso powder, vanilla, and eggs.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add chocolate mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in chocolate chips.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly wet. (Be careful not to overbake.) Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Remove from pan. Cut into 16 squares, wiping the knife blade clean after each cut. Serve and enjoy!

Source: Martha Stewart

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum yum, we just had those oatmeal pies you sent home with steve!! boys and I loved them!! thank you. i hope you dont mind, i put the link to your blog on my facebook page! yummmmmmmyyyy!!! thanks!!
jennnifer gniadek

Lindsey on October 20, 2010 at 9:03 PM said...

Glad you liked the oatmeal cookies! They were a huge hit at my office too. :) Keep a look out; I'll post those soon. And I love that you linked to my blog on facebook... the more the merrier!

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice