Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Marinated Chicken with Mozzarella


When I started this blog in September, my intention was mainly to blog about baked goods... and that is definitely still my primary focus because baking is my true passion in the kitchen. But I also enjoy cooking. During the first couple months of blogging, my baking increased drastically... and as a result I found myself cooking less homemade meals. This year I'm working on balancing both cooking and baking, so that's why you're seeing a few more savory posts sprinkled into the mix. I love trying new recipes, and my objective for this blog is still the same - to share with you the great things that I try out in my kitchen.

This dish was a great find. The meal came together with such ease and was delicious! That's two thumbs up for this working gal. Not to mention it's a pretty well balanced meal. I'm going to make sure we incorporate this dinner in our regular rotation. Try it out, and I think you'll do the same. :)

Ingredients
Yields 4 servings
1 (6 oz) package long grain and wild rice pilaf mix
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup water
1 cup broccoli florets
2 tsp olive oil
4 thin sliced boneless chicken breast halves, marinated in lite Italian dressing
1 medium tomato, halved and thinly sliced
3-4 slices mozzarella cheese, halved

Directions
Prepare rice according to package directions, adding green onions for the last 5 minutes of cooking.

In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil; add broccoli. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, drain and set aside.

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once. Overlap tomato slices on top of chicken. Spoon broccoli over tomato slices, and cover broccoli with a half-slice of cheese (I used 2 half slices on larger pieces of chicken). Cover skillet and crank heat up a little higher to melt cheese.

Serve over rice.

Source: Borders at Home Simple Meals

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This chicken looks delicious! I tend to get very caught up with baking and have to remember to cook a little too! Thanks for sharing :-)

Anonymous said...

That chicken look amazing! Definitely something I would eat and enjoy

VegeCooking Club on January 26, 2011 at 10:13 AM said...

Lovely! I tend to be more on the cooking than baking side so this looks amazing!

Sandra on January 26, 2011 at 1:26 PM said...

Delicious! Looks really, really good!

Amy Bakes Everything on January 26, 2011 at 4:03 PM said...

Yummy! Sounds so easy and delish!

Christina on January 26, 2011 at 8:45 PM said...

This looks so tasty! I like to mix things up on my blog too. A little cooking, a little baking, a little restaurant eating, a little travel...keeps things interesting! You're doing great!

kita on January 26, 2011 at 11:13 PM said...

chicken and cheese? Yes please! I love a good yummy supper so Im glad you deviated from the baked goods.

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice