Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate Cocoa Krispies Treats


            Take a moment.  
                 Right this second. 
                      Everything else can wait.  
                           Allow yourself a little indulgence, and
                                Throw together a batch of these chocolate covered darlings.
They are well worth it!!
I recently sampled chocolate covered cocoa krispies treats and fell head over heals for them! I knew I had to replicate this amazing goodness. One of Matt's co-workers just had a birthday, so I thought these would be a great way to celebrate. Since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I cut them out with a heart shaped cookie cutter and fancied them up with a little decor. Yum!

Treat yourself, or someone special!

Ingredients
Yields about 12 heart cut outs
3 tbsp butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Cocoa Krispies
24 oz white chocolate bark
Sprinkles and colored candy melts for decorating

Directions
Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Prepare treats as directed on cocoa krispies box... melt butter and marshmallows in a large stock pot over medium heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add cocoa krispies. Stir until mixed well. Spread into prepared dish with a rubber spatula, pressing into an even layer. Let stand for a few hours until firm.

Cut out treats using a heart shaped cookie cutter. Melt white chocolate in a deep, microwave safe bowl, according to package directions. Using a fork, dip hearts in chocolate; tap fork on rim of bowl a couple of times to knock off excess chocolate. Set hearts on wax paper. If decorating with sprinkles, apply quickly before chocolate sets. Melt colored candy according to package directions and drizzle or pipe over hearts to decorate.  

Source: adapted from traditional rice krispies treats

17 comments:

cocoa and coconut on February 8, 2011 at 2:18 AM said...

I think any sweet is worth the indulgence. I just can't resist at the moment. Your presentation is beautiful, by the way!

Carolyn on February 8, 2011 at 6:34 AM said...

Totally and completely gorgeous. I would eat them and I don't even like rice crispy treats!

Vicki Wilde on February 8, 2011 at 7:43 AM said...

These are super cute! The flavors are the opposite of what you'd expect (chocolate outside, regular crispies inside), I love it!

Blog is the New Black on February 8, 2011 at 7:51 AM said...

Very pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

These look delicious! Love the white chocolate too!

Danielle on February 8, 2011 at 12:21 PM said...

These look fantastic, I love using Cocoa Krispies instead of the regular! And the fact that you covered them makes it even better! :)

briarrose on February 8, 2011 at 3:33 PM said...

I love these....they look so cute and tasty.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake on February 8, 2011 at 6:06 PM said...

So darling! Perfect February treat!

Kate @ Diethood.com on February 8, 2011 at 9:40 PM said...

Those look so sweet and delicious!

Cakewhiz on February 8, 2011 at 11:05 PM said...

Awwwww.... So cute! I love rice krispies but i never thought of making heart shaped ones.

Jill Colonna on February 9, 2011 at 5:50 AM said...

thanks for letting us share some of that indulgence!

Brandie@thecountrycook on February 9, 2011 at 9:36 AM said...

Oh Lindsey, my husband and son would go nuts over these (and me too..LOL). Am definitly printing this one out!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh my goodness my fellow LindsEy ;) these look so yummy! I'm collecting 'dipable' ideas. I think I'm making a yin & yang chocolate fondue for my BF for valentine's day (I do dessert he does dinner) and these sound like they would be perfect for the "yin" part of the fondue. Thanks for the idea!

Amy Bakes Everything on February 9, 2011 at 9:05 PM said...

OMG you are brilliant! I thought I had seen everything coated in chocolate - I was wrong! I'm totally doing this for my kids, they will dig!

Unknown on February 10, 2011 at 1:45 PM said...

Pretty! My kids would love it!

Torviewtoronto on February 10, 2011 at 7:50 PM said...

beautiful treats looks good

Harvesting for Life on February 10, 2011 at 8:28 PM said...

So cute! I love this idea so much, a great twist on an old classic!

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice